ScreenPlay - Open Source Live-Wallpaper app for Windows and OSX
ScreenPlay is an Open Source cross platform app for displaying Wallpaper, Widgets and AppDrawer. It is written in modern C++17/Qt5/QML. Binaries with workshop support are available for Windows & OSX (soon Linux/KDE) via Steam.
- Video Wallpaper. You can import any WebM file directly or use the importer for any other video type.
- Performance Guidelines. You need a modern GPU for smooth playback. You can always use QML/HTML/GIF wallpaper if you encounter performance issues!
- Video import via Handbrake. Handbrake offers easy bulk import of videos.
- Widgets Guide. General guidelines how to create widgets. ScreenPlay uses the easy to learn QML language. No coding knowledge required!
- Storage Widget. Display your drives and usage.
- CPU Usage Widget. Displays your current CPU usage.
- RSS Feed Widget. Display news as a rss widget.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
- by using prerelease versions / master branch or the Steam nightly builds
- by adding/fixing translation
- by designing UI/UX
- by reporting bugs
- by writing user documentation
- by coding needed features
- by refactoring code
- by reviewing merge requests
- by verifying issues
- Developer setup guide on how to download and compile ScreenPlay yourself.
- If you want to contribute but don't know how to start, take a look at our open issues and WIP merge request.
- If you need help don't hesitate to ask me (Kelteseth) via:
- ScreenPlay project overview
- Developer C++ Classes Documentation